From The Mind of Victor Anderson turns 5 years old today, but it depends on when you start counting since I barely wrote anything worth jack shit before 2012.
I’ve already released my post about the Oscars so I dunno what to do to celebrate this grand-tacular event. Though I suppose I could share with you some of my own personal favorites out of the posts I’ve written over the years. This will exclude film reviews as I usually follow the same template when I write those and rarely do anything interesting with them. I have a few of my favorite reviews listed in my “About” page, however.
- Why must teen girls love the things we hate? – This was my response to a frequently shared article that made the claim that making fun of teenage girls based on their deplorable tastes in entertainment is sexist, mainly since it never happens to boys. This was fairly easy to debunk (I didn’t even seek out the Ebert reviews; they were all in my memory) but somehow the finished post feels very effortful, even though it probably wasn’t. Oh well, at least my “sources” weren’t simply people who make the same claims as I do.
- You Gotta be “X” to Understand Common Knowledge – I do love making fun of memes on Facebook, especially when analyzing them makes them all the more asinine, but not as much as…
- Twitter Pages That Work Like Facebook “Like” Pages – Someone has to point out shit like this. Might as well be I.
- Actual Facebook “Like” Pages – As I was saying.
- 6 Things Ghost Believers Need To Understand But Don’t Want To – I consider writing for Cracked one day, and this is one I made for practice. Enjoy.
- Lady Dahmer – ’nuff said.
- My YouTube drama posts (Cool Cat, Reaction Channels, Everything Wrong With YouTube) – I think the first two posts within those parentheses are the funniest ones of the bunch, but all three (especially the last) touch on something important, particularly to those who create content on YouTube and are getting fucked over by its one-sided copyright claiming system while others go free. Why can’t these by my most read articles about YouTube. All I get hits on is my dumb PewDiePie post. But to be fair, I also like:
- The PewDiePie Fanboy Drinking Game – This will never not be applicable and/or hilarious. Go have a drink.
- 6 Things Men Are Still Allowed To Have Opinions On – I don’t know which side I was mocking the hardest with this one. All is as it should.
- Iggy Azalea Commentary
- Kanye West Commentary
- Nicki Minaj Commentary
- Most Hate Mail episodes. I dunno, can’t link ’em all.
For real, though. I don’t know if anyone in particular reads my blog regularly. But if you do: thanks! I’ll see you in 5 years more. Always know where your towel is!